Mar 24, 2010

I choose you...Pomplamoose!


It was a really dull day you know, one of those days in which you come back from work/school and you're like: "Man, today was REALLY fucking awful", when I went into my facebook page and found this message from one of my friends, with the simple phrase: "Check this out!".
Being the obedient child I am, I went and checked the link he had mailed me.

It was a link to this cover:


A cover to one of my favourite songs and singers, "Telephone" by lady gaga, done by a band called "pomplamoose" (I still don't quite get the name of the band to be honest, it means grapefruit in french...but still).

The second I heard the angelic voice of Nataly Dawn, and the outstanding musical ability of Jack Conte, I fell maddly in love, head over heels to both of them. The song itself is very different from the original, but still kept it's escence, something very hard to do. I can't simply put into words how much I loved their cover.

But it didn't stop there, they had covers that ranged from Michael Jackson, to the goddess Édith Piaf, going in between Earth,wind and Fire and the always eclectic Beyoncé.

One of their other covers that caught my attention aswell was their rendition of "La vie en Rose", it made me weak to my knees and I literaly choked, the beauty of their rendition is ridiculous.

But don't believe me, see/hear it for yourselves:


The thing is that I wasn't even done. I had to listen to their original material, I mean if it was nearly as goos as their covers I would be pleased, what an outstanding surprise I got when I realized it wasn't half as good...it was twice or even thrice as good as their covers, their material makes you want to sit and just enjoy.

It's a chillaxing, smiling, breatheoffreshairing, and amazingnessing piece of the most delicious part of the independent music pie. They really are a pleasure to listen to. You can listen to it on THEIR MYSPACE.

Adviced tracks: "Twice as Nice", "I Think you need some lovin" and "Hail Mary".

The only critique I would have, and in fact is not a critique, is an advice to all the record label managers and talent agents, GET THEM SIGNED ASAP. This band is too amazing to go under the radar.

Non plus, gives this band/collab 5 stars and a silly hat, so go check them out, buy their tracks and help them get known. You won't regret it.

Again, readers you can post your own ideas and thoughts about this band.
So anyway have a good day! :D

1 comment: