Apr 8, 2010

I blame coco, and you?



I was listening to one of my favourite singers (Robyn) when I bumped into a collaboration with a band called "I blame Coco", At first I thought it was a mention of my beloved and worshiped Coco Chanel, but then I learned that it was named after Sting’s daughter Coco Sumner (real name Eliot Pauline Styler Sumner), still I found myself interested enough to have a listen to their material.

I came across with a very raw, talented, grey, melancholic rock and roll song, that made me weak to my knees (I'm all about the R&R baby!). The voice of Coco is very different and rusky, the kind of voice I love, the lyrics are rather amazing and the video makes me want to be the love child of sting haha.



Supported by Joy Joseph and Raphael Mann from Mr Hudson & The Library on drums and bass it just makes everything sweeter and sweeter.

I blame coco are daring, amazing, talented and above it all chic. They are expected to do big things, mostly coz she is the daughter of THE sting, but we can safely say that they're the next big thing.

Our advice here at NONPLUS is to keep an eye on them. Their album is not going to be released until september (bummer I know) but in the mean time they left "Caesar" an ode to inconformity and rebellious attitude. Give it a listen and look you will not regret it:



Anyway hope you enjoyed this and don't hesitate on writting comments or following. Thank you for reading and have an awesome day!

No comments:

Post a Comment